A circular, flat walk, involving one stile. The walk takes you through woods and fields and past the picturesque house and gardens of Angmering Park Stud Farm.
3.7mi / 6km
Start / finish
The Dover car park
—From Angmering it takes about 10 minutes to drive to the start.
—Turn left onto the A27 from Arundel Road and use the U-turn junction just before the Poling turn-off (signposted Worthing / Brighton) to double back in the opposite direction, and take the first left turn you come to, to get onto Dover Lane. The parking area is about half a mile up, on the right.
—Putting ‘The Dover’ into your sat nav will get you there if you need additional assistance.
- From the car park there are several paths taking you onto Angmering park. Take the path going left off the private road towards a metal gate (1), and join a gravel lane (1a) with a fence on your right.
- Follow the gravel lane up to a house and keep right (2).
- Follow the path between the timberstacks (2a) and eventually you will come to a narrow turning by the cottages on the right (3).
- At the end of the narrow woodland path turn right (4) and follow the path between the fields (4a).
- When you reach the private tarmac drive turn right (5) and immediately left to continue the path with the hedge on the left (5a).
- The path drops sharply and you will come to a main path where there is a stile and gate on the left into a copse (6). Cross the stile and after a short distance emerge into the landscaped lawns and paths of Angmering Park Stud Farm with the well-appointed house elevated on the left and a pond on the right.
- Take the signposted gravel footpath to the right (7) and pass between farm buildings and through a gate (7a, 7b).
- At a small paddock (8) leave the main track and bear right along the signposted grassy footpath into the woods (9).
- Pass through the gap in the fence (9a) and then through another fence (9b).
- When you reach the main gravel path, turn left (10).
- Follow the wide path past the estate cottages (11), over the private lane. Soon you’ll reach a main junction of paths: turn left, walking away from the field (12).
- Follow this path (12a) until you eventually retrace your first steps and reach the car park.
The numbered images below correspond to the above directions.