A mostly flat walk along peaceful rural lanes and across fields, but with occasional gradual inclines, including one fairly steep (but short) hill up Selden Lane. It’s a stroll suitable for any time of year and has one stile.
3.3mi / 5.3km
Start / finish
The Square, Angmering
Various free options around Village Green
- Make your way along Water Lane until you reach Dappers Lane, opposite the Arun Angling Centre, and turn left into it (1).
- Walk up to the top of the lane and under the A27 via the underpass, then turn left down Swillage Lane (2). This no-through road opens up into farmland with a few cottages to the right and fields on the left.
- Walk past Poacher’s Pond on the right and soon after turn right down a narrow footpath (3) which goes behind the backs of the cottages.
- This path emerges onto a field (4), across which the path leads into a small copse.
- Cross the stile and continue along the path which takes you between paddocks, before turning right into Selden Lane (5).
- At the top of the lane, after a steep but short climb, you will arrive at the Fox pub (6), which will be on your left. Turn right here and proceed along the road until you get back to the underpass and Dappers Lane, where you can retrace your steps back to the village.
The numbered images below correspond to the above directions.