A walk for any time of the year along an ancient byway and back via a poplar-lined path to the centre of the village passing the pick-your-own fields on the right. The walk is flat with no stiles, but involves crossing the bypass with caution.
2.7mi / 4.3km
Start / finish
The Square, Angmering
Various free options around Village Green
- From The Square walk up the High Street until the road bends off to the right.
- Leave the High Street by carrying straight on (1), passing the Spotted Cow on the left, and then past the car park on the left at the bottom of the footbridge (2). Slightly further on you can join Cow Lane by turning right.
- Follow the tree-lined path (3), which goes between the bypass on the left and housing on the right, all the way through to the A259.
- As you come off the path, turn left onto the pavement and carefully cross the Angmering bypass (4) where it joins the roundabout (drivers approaching the roundabout tend to stop to let you cross).
- Follow the path (5) and look for a signpost a few yards on, just before Roundstone Farm Shop, and turn left through a gate (6).
- Follow the path along and keep straight ahead onto a poplar-lined path (7), and follow this all the way to the end. There are good views of Highdown to the right, through the poplars.
- When you reach a gate, turn left and follow the tarmac lane round to find the footbridge you passed earlier (8), and cross it. From here, retrace your steps back to the village.
The numbered images below correspond to the above directions.